Thursday, May 22, 2014

Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal Recipe

I'm usually a Clorox Wipe kind of a girl when it comes to regular bathroom cleaning, but we all know you've got to bust out the bleach and really give the bathroom a good deep clean every once in a while. About an hour after I sacrificed my morning (and a small piece of my soul) cleaning our bathroom like my mama was about to come into town, I found this..... 
I adore my children, but I will never understand how someone can make such a big mess with toothpaste every. single. day.
Moving on.

I eat oatmeal most mornings, and I was craving this recipe this morning.

Pumpkin spice oatmeal recipe (single serving):
1/2 c dry old fashioned oats
1 1/2 c water
1 T chia seeds
1/4 t cinnimon
1/4 t pumpkin pie spice
Dash of nutmeg
Dash of salt
Microwave for 2 1/2 minutes
I add half a banana, 2 T of ground flax seed and a 1/2 cup of plain non-fat Greek yogurt to mine.

Here's a little Thursday motivation for you. 

Today's workout:
30 minutes on the spin bike as a warm-up (The PT recommends I do this before I run)
5 miles on the treadmill

Came home and did some of the upper body and ab sections of this workout video:
 Upper Body
Chest press
Reverse fly
Alternate press
Wide bent over row
Renegade row
DB  pullover
Close grip hammer curl
Straight arm kick back
Arnold press

Abs
Straight leg crunch
Legs up crunch
Tall sit up
Reverse crunch
Tummy tuck
Single leg jack
Sumo side squat
Windshield wiper
Pulsing side planks

Do you have a hard time eating foods (like pumpkin) that are associated with seasons or holidays in the "off season"? 

What's your favorite at home workout video?

What spice do you use the most?

No comments:

Post a Comment