Friday, May 23, 2014

Friday Foodspiration

Maybe my body is just craving veggies to counteract all of the birthday week junk I've been eating non-stop, but I just can't quit with the salads.

Zucchini, peppers, tomatoes, feta cheese and TJ's cilantro lime dressing, over baby greens.
Left over fajita chicken, tomatoes, avocado, cilantro, cucumber, tomatoes, TJ's cilantro lime dressing over baby greens.
 
Black beans, Costco's fresh salsa, avocado, cucumber over baby greens.
 
Costco's chicken meat balls, peppers, red onion, feta cheese over greens...No dressing needed!

Some days I just need some comforting carbs, so I made this Wow Butter and banana sandwich more than once.

Breakfast casserole:
I made it up so there's not an exact recipe, but here's the gist.

1. Layer diced potatoes (I steamed my potatoes in the microwave for 3 minutes before I put them in the dish. If you used hash-browns you wouldn't have to add that step.), peppers, onion and ham in a casserole dish.
 2. Blend eggs (I used 5), white whole wheat flour (1/4 cup), and milk (about a cup).
 3. Sprinkle some cheese (about half a cup) on your casserole and then pour egg mixture over evenly
4. Bake for about 45 min at 350 or until potatoes are tender.
We made it to Friday! What are your weekend plans?

Anyone running any races or doing a long run this weekend? 

Breakfast for dinner - yes or no?

No comments:

Post a Comment