Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Meeting with the CEO!

Utah Valley Marathon is in 24 Days! 
Sad thing is that the last few days I've started wondering if I even want to run it. So I just had a big important motivational meeting with the CEO of my life.... me. :)

This past week has been tough. Everyone in our house has been sick with a cold. We're all sleep deprived. I'm set back in my training due to this injury, and my faith that I can run all of these races is very shaky right now.

So the CEO told me, "Enough Jessica! The pity party is over! Forget all this negative junk and focus on your blessings, others and your big picture goals. Control what you can and forget the rest! The injury isn't your problem. Having a cold isn't your problem. No other person is your problem. Your attitude is your problem."

Wow that CEO can be a real witch. :)

I studied Business Marketing in college and read many of Zig Ziglar's books ( He's a famous sales person, motivational speaker and trainer), and here are some of his quotes that inspired me today.

“People often say motivation doesn’t last. Neither does bathing—that’s why we recommend it daily.” 
(I'm weeks away from the marathon...I'm tired in every aspect. This quote helps me realize that I need to dig deep and create motivation to see this through.)


“Expect the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes.”
(This quote reminds me that even with a training set back, I can still capitalize, or enjoy, every run I'm blessed to do --- even if I'm not as fast or trained as I wanted to be. There is JOY in the journey.)

So here are some pictures from this week that make me very happy.

 This is how they have been watching TV lately.
 Exciting things happening in my flower bed and garden right now. More on this soon!
 My loves
  MaeBelle
 He could throw rocks all day long.
 The injury doesn't make me happy, but I'm very grateful that I had the opportunity to go to PT twice this week and work towards getting well.
 Smoothies. So much happiness in one drink.
Do you ever have to call yourself out on being a little negative whiny ninny?

Do you drink smoothies year round or only in the summer?

Any one doing a garden this year?

2 comments:

  1. I need a pep talk from my CEO sometimes too. My inner voice has been telling me that I am doing too many days a week for training and keeping a balanced life. But there is another one that says to cut out the things that are time wasters, and I will have that training time back.
    I can relate a lot to what you are saying!
    Your family is adorable. My littlest is 4 now, but i think all of my boys still love playing with rocks and sticks. :)
    I'd love to be doing a garden this year. We need a good fence... last year the deer got to my plants right at the time they started making good veggies! Fresh is the best.
    Hope your PT does the trick!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Small Town Runner! I'm so glad you stopped by. :) I love your "Perspectives: Running and Idolatry" post, and try to apply what you talked about in keeping balance and perspective in my own life.

      Delete