Monday, April 21, 2014

They even steal my fake cake

I loved watching parts of the Boston Marathon and reading all of the stories from the day. I love that American Meb won! Today was a beautiful Spring day, and I enjoyed spending time with my sweet boys outside. If you're craving cake, you should try this "fake cake". Ha. I love it. It's not super sweet, but with some whip cream on top it really hits the spot. Recipe below!

 This kid believes he must eat and drink whatever I'm having.
I found this recipe on the Stuft Mama blog, and adapted it to my taste.
Protein Dark Chocolate Cake
1/2 cup canned pumpkin (can substitute one medium mashed banana)
1/4 cup egg whites
1/4 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 sweetener packets (I used Stevia)
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons coconut flour (16 grams)
2 tablespoon dark chocolate cocoa powder (10 grams)

Mix all ingredients in small bowl. Pour into bowl sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Microwave for approximately 5 minutes. I add fat-free whip cream as "frosting". This totally satisfies my craving for chocolate cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment