Friday, April 25, 2014

Foodspiration Friday

It's FRIDAY ya'll! So, here's another Foodspiration Friday post. I've missed a few and I'm sure you were sad about that ;).
Like the rest of the country, we've eaten boiled eggs all week. I love boiled eggs with some salt and paprika. Yum.
 
I gave these pancakes a power punch with some milled chia seed, wheat germ and bananas (still using up the last of the baby food jars, but you could use a mashed banana).
 
We love this blueberry agave syrup. I've had good and bad ones, so get this Sohgave! brand and you won't regret it. I find it at WalMart, but they don't always keep it stocked.
Kids plate:
My plate:
 I love stacking my pancakes with layers of plain Greek yogurt and a drizzle of real Maple Syrup. 

I've also resurrected these mini pizzas. They were a staple around here, and I somehow forgot about them until recently. I use the 100 calorie whole wheat mini buns and top them with sauce, cheese and any other veggies I find in the fridge.
Now for the big news. I found peanut free peanut butter!!! (I'm allergic to peanuts and my allergy has gotten more severe with each pregnancy.) It's made with soy and has the same amount of protein as "real" PB. It sounds gross, but I actually like it. It tastes like PB, with a different after-taste. I can't decide if the after-taste is good or bad yet???? I see PB bars in my near future.
I was able to get away to the Cocoa Bean cupcake shop with some friends this week. It was a much needed night out, and the raspberry chocolate cupcake was definitely worth mentioning here.
I promise there is actually Tilapia under this salsa. This is my favorite way to eat fish at home.
My go to snack of the week has been carrots and hummus. (With all the running lately, I've been ravenous!) Costco sells these individual serving packs which I love.
 

What's your favorite cupcake flavor? 

Seafood... yay or nay?

No comments:

Post a Comment