Monday, April 21, 2014

Marathon (here I come) Monday!

My big news on this glorious Monday is that I set a new personal distance record! I've committed to run the Utah Valley Marathon in June, and Saturday was my first run past the half-marathon distance. It felt so good to crash through my personal "distance ceiling". It's the same warm and fussy feeling I felt when I ran 2 miles for the first time. There is just something so satisfying about doing something you've never done before; especially, if it's something you never thought you'd be able to do.

Pre-run meal and my fancy new mace. I got pink, because what is more degrading to a creeper than getting disarmed by a chick with pink mace. ;)
 Jocelyn and I were able to get a ride 14 miles from home with some of my favorite runners. We were able to add 2 miles once we got out of the canyon and ended with 16!
(Steph, Holly, Jorge, Jocelyn, me and Heather)

Easter was a hit around here, other than the anxiety I've had over the ridiculous amounts of candy my kids consumed in 48 hours.


 Silly cousins
 He posed like this and asked to have his picture taken. He knows he's cute.
 You couldn't pry this candy bucket out of Slim's fingers.

Church was very uplifting and I survived teaching a lesson to the 12-18 year old girls in our youth group. (No matter how old I get, I just get so nervous standing in front of groups of people.) Easter was great. Lots of family time, good food, and overall gratitude for a Savior who lives and loves me.

Today's Workout
3 sets, 10-12 reps
Plank up-downs
Barbell Bicep curls
Standing tricep extensions
Hammercurls
Preacher curls on balance ball
Cable tricep pushdowns

Ran 4 on the treadmill. 1 mile warm-up, 1 mile 10k pace, 1 mile 5k pace, 1 mile cool down

2 minute Plank when I got home.

Do you get nervous public speaking?

Do you let your kids just have at all their candy, or do you limit it? 
This year I tried to let them have at it, hoping they would eventually slow down. After about the 36th hour of candy binging I confiscated their supply. 

What's your favorite Easter candy?
Cadbury Mini Eggs YES! Peeps NO!

No comments:

Post a Comment