Wednesday, April 30, 2014

The cost of shopping in peace

I like to buy a new running item before a race. Whether it's a new pair of shoes or an outfit, there is something motivating about new running gear. I decided to try a new store in American Fork, UT called Utah Run. They have a bigger selection than the other local running stores and the customer service was great (I was confused about something being 50% off, and even though it was full price, the employee apologized for the confusing labeling and gave me the discount.).
I put Mason on the floor of the store and handed him my purse while I shopped. He was so content sitting there going through my purse, and then I noticed why. He had opened 2 packs worth of gum and opened each piece. I started to stop him and thought, "Nah. Shopping in peace is totally worth 2 packs of gum."
 Don't worry. I cleaned it all up before we left. :)
I ended up buying a bra and some capris off the clearance racks and stocked up on my favorite GU's and Honey Stinger Waffles.
 Another windy day here, but Slim demands at least one bike ride a day. He tried to get fancy and crashed, so we spent some time cuddling on the curb. I just love that little guy.

Do you buy new gear/clothes before a race?

What's your favorite fuel for long runs?

No comments:

Post a Comment