Friday, April 18, 2014

Placemat pillow magic

My mother-in-law gave me a sewing machine a few years ago. It was a fun present to receive but a little intimidating to actually use. After watching tutorials on how to thread it and a few choice words, I had it threaded and running. I've sewn a few things, but I don't love to sew because I'm still such a newbie at it. 
This pillow project was suggested to me by a friend. I'm not sure if she found it on Pinterest or what, but I will be very clear here.... thinking of this genius way to make a cheap pillow did not come from me. This project has very minimal sewing involved. In fact, now that I think of it, I could have hot glued those suckers. ;)

Step 1: Buy double sided placemats (they need to be made out of 2 pieces of fabric). I found these at Target for around $3. You'll also need some stuffing too. 

Step 2: Unpick the seam on one side about 4-6 inches. Slim kept me company while I completed this step.


 Step 3: Stuff em'. I had lots of assistance with the stuffing of the pillows.


 Step 4: Sew up the seam and you're done! I'm really wondering if I could have just glued the seam. :)


Any fun plans this weekend?
Taking the boys to an Easter egg hunt and doing my long run. 
 

Do you like to sew?

1 comment:

  1. Those look really good, Jessica! I would have never thought of using placemats!

    ReplyDelete