Friday, March 21, 2014

Foodspiration

I thought I just made up the word foodspiration, but when I Googled it, I realized I'm just not that creative.
These food ideas may not be creative either, but they were my favorites from this week.

Favorite lunch was grilled turkey, tomato and cheese sandwich.
 Favorite snacks:
Roasted broccoli slaw
Sometimes I have a hard time loving vegetables. I've learned that when I get burned out on steamed veggies, I can roast them. (425 degrees for about 25-30 minutes) I either spray them with olive oil spray or coconut oil spray.
Slim shares my love for roasted vegetables.

Trader Joe's Wasabi Peas
I've loved snacking on handfuls of these, but the best was when my 4 year old ate one. I wish I had that on video. They are a bit spicy, but they don't "hurt". :)
 Favorite dinner was Creamy Tomato Basil Chicken Pasta. I picked up this sauce a few weeks ago hoping I would like it. Not only did I love it, but it was a winner with the entire house. Nothing is easier than pasta for dinner, and this was a nice change from our normal marinara sauce pastas.



 I had read good things about this cilantro dressing from Trader Joe's, and I agree that it is really good. Slim wanted some with his dinner, and it was the first thing gone off of his plate.

I saved the best for last. My favorite "play food" of the week was cookie butter toast. Trader Joe's makes this Cookie Butter, and it basically tastes like the cookies you get on an airplane, mashed up. I am allergic to nuts and REALLY miss peanut butter. I bought this hoping for a replacement for PB, but they're really not comparable. Cookie Butter is a delicious treat, but I think I'll forever have a hole in my heart without PB.


No comments:

Post a Comment