Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Just full of the "happys"

Some days are just plain hard around here. When I try (even just a little) to recognize the wonderful parts, I realize that all of the "I want to go into my bedroom, curl up in a ball on the floor and rock back and forth" parts are worth it. 

Cory was playing a game on the computer yesterday. He called me in and excitedly said, "Look mom, I painted a picture of you!"
I can definitely see the resemblance.
 These sweet moments just melt my heart.
 When you ask Mason to smile, you get this:
Kevin may not agree, but I loved this moment when Cory piled on top of his very exhausted daddy at the end of a work day.
I truly believe that anything worthwhile takes work on our parts. Being a parent, a runner, etc is only as rewarding as the effort put in. Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done, but I have gained so much wisdom, joy and compassion because of it. I love the famous Abraham Lincoln quote,
"Whatever you are, be a good one."

What was your "happy moment" today?

Will your kids/pet ever let you just lie down and rest? 
Ours will not. It's like they have some 6th sense of when someone may desperately need a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment