Saturday, August 23, 2014

The Narrows

My friends Jessica and Andrea invited me to hike the Narrows in Zion National Park with them. I'd hiked the bottom section back in 2005, but had never done all 16 miles. They've invited me on a couple adventures before, but I was always pregnant or nursing and had to miss out. Thankfully Kevin was supportive of me going. This past year he has really let the focus be on me as I made training and running my first marathon a top priority. He has given me precious Saturday after Saturday to either do my long runs or race. He stayed home with the boys so that I could go and have an amazing weekend with my friends. 

The water level was really low so we were able to make really great time. The pictures don't begin to do the day justice. This canyon is gorgeous!

The whole group at the start


We may not be as young as we used to be, but we still know how to have fun.




 All the girls

 That is me when I fell on my bum in the river. It was bound to happen I guess.


Nothing like hiking 16 miles in a river bottom to make your dinner the best tasting food you've ever had. I wish these ladies lived closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment