Thursday, August 21, 2014

And now I'm back...from outer space...

This blog sure helped me make it through a long string of tough races and I feel a bit shameful for abandoning it as soon as I was done with the Hobbler Half. Truth is... running 4 half marathons, 1 full marathon, and an ultra Ragnar in 3 months was exhausting physically and mentally.
I've spent the past month doing some really fun things with family and friends and have put running on a "back burner".  The saying, "If you chase two rabbits, you'll lose them both" has been on my mind. It's always good to assess your priorities and determine what rabbit is worth focusing on.
I've still been running, and this past week was the first week where I felt a little fire under me. :) I ran paces that I haven't seen since before the marathon, and that was fun. 
(No equipment needed, park workout is at the bottom of this post.)

Here are a few pictures I've taken on my runs the past month. I love all of the places running can take me!






 


No equipment needed - park workout
(Do 3 rounds of each 4 exercises)
-12 push-ups
-reverse bear crawl (I was introduced to this move at Kick Your Trash's bootcamp. Local peeps should check them out!)
-30 second plank with shoulder taps
-15 burpees

-15 squats
-15 walking lunges
-30 seconds standing sumo crunch
-10 bench jumps (You can modify by doing forward jumps. I started with these after having Mason)

End with sprints, because the other parents at the park already think you're insane. Might as well run around like a crazy person and prove them right. ;)

Where has running taken you this summer?

Are you ready for summer to be over or are you dreading colder weather?
 
Do you ever work out at the park while your kids are playing?

No comments:

Post a Comment