Friday, August 22, 2014

Pan"cakes" for this big cry baby

Just got home from a great run around my town. I'm lucky to live in a a really "hilly" area. I think having all of these hills has made me a better runner. It was such a pretty morning. I never regret waking up early to get my runs done and enjoying the world's transformation from dark to light.


Sometimes running suppresses my appetite for a few hours after I run, but on days like today, I walk in the door starving.
Breakfast around here has looked like this lately. Whole wheat pancakes "frosted" with plain Greek yogurt and Kodiak berry syrup on top. It's like eating cake for breakfast, and I love it!



Recipe for Whole Wheat pancakes:
2 cups of white whole wheat flour
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1+ tsp of cinnamon
2 tsp sugar or other sweetener
2 eggs (lightly beat before adding)
2 cups of milk
2 tsp vanilla
(I like to add flax seed and chia seeds, but will add more milk when I do.)

This recipe makes like 15 pancakes and I'll put the leftovers in the fridge for convenient breakfasts.

Our big life change going on right now is that my Cory Boy is starting kindergarten. I didn't realize how emotional this milestone could be. I've cried every time I've had to step foot in the school. Let's hope I get all my tears out by his first official day next week. I really don't want to be "that" mom. :)
 Cory brought me this rock yesterday and told me it was South Carolina. He's such a smart guy.
 He also, apparently, really doesn't like to wear a shirt. Kindergarten will be such a wake up call. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment