Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Ragnana Bread

Eating during Ragnar was interesting to say the least, and my stomach felt "off" basically the entire time. Something that always sounded and tasted good was Holly's Ragnana Bread that she was nice enough to share with everyone. Four days post race and I'm still thinking about Ragnana Bread. This morning I pulled out a new (to me) cleaned up banana bread recipe I found online. It's not Holly's, but it cured my craving. 
The recipe is HERE
I followed the recipe exactly, except I used chocolate chips instead of walnuts. It's not banana bread without some chocolate. ;)
And yes they were baked and ready to eat by 7:30am. One of the blessings of waking up at an insane hour to exercise.
 I've also been eating more fish lately. I buy frozen Tilapia from Sam's Club and bake two filets at a time, with a few tablespoons of fresh salsa on top.
I made a delicious salad with avocado the first day and used the second filet the next day, to make a yummy fish taco with rolled up chia corn chips (from Target). I loved the added crunch.
I'm really missing my cilantro lime dressing from Trader Joe's, but this Bolthouse Farms, Cilantro Avocado yogurt dressing from Target is a runner-up:

Step aside oatmeal, I'm back on an egg and smoothie kick.
There are also non-food related things going on around here this summer. My cute sister-in-law Trisha just bought a new home and we were able to go visit yesterday. She has a little hamster and my kids loved it!
 Here's slim the daredevil. He built a "ramp" out of a chair cushion and was trying to ride his scooter off of the couch. He's a cute little mess.
 I loved seeing this little moment at the splash pad this morning. These two cousins love each other so much. They were deep in conversation when I snapped this picture.
Today's Workout
Lower body weights- I used much lighter weights than usual, since I'm still really sore and tight from the race.
Warm-up
Walking lunges, skaters, squat kicks
Do 3 rounds, 12 reps of each
Regular squats
Sissy squats
Sumo squats
Lunges (12 each side)
Deadlifts
Hamstring/glutes cable hip extensions
1 minute plank
30 second side planks

15 minutes on the elliptical machine
What foods are you craving lately?

What are you cooking/eating on the 4th?
I'm thinking kabobs on the grill.

Were you close to your cousins growing up? Are you now?

No comments:

Post a Comment