Sunday, February 22, 2015

My hot date to Salt Lake

We were invited to TJ (Kevin's cousin) and Emma's wedding in the Salt Lake City LDS temple. The wedding was the week after Valentine's Day so we decided to treat the day as our Valentine's Date. We were married in this same temple over 7 years ago, so it was quite nostalgic and romantic to go there together again. The temple sealer who performed the marriage quoted something that President Gordon B. Hinckley told him when he and his wife were sealed many years before. I loved it and want to share it here so I can always remember this advice:

"Live so that you may receive blessings out of righteousness instead of out of mercy." 

God has blessed me over and over and over again. I feel his love for me and know he is mindful of me. I also recognize that many of those blessing were out of his mercy for me, not because I was worthy of them. I'm grateful for those blessings and they make me want to try harder so that His blessings may come from my effort to be obedient to God's commandments.



No comments:

Post a Comment