Monday, March 24, 2014

What's the plan Stan?

One of my favorite sayings is "If you fail to plan then you plan to fail." One of the many reasons that I love Sundays, is because it's the day where I visualize my week and come up with a plan. I plan our meals, my workouts, my "to do list", etc.
Everyone knows we should try to balance all of the aspects of our lives, but sometimes it's difficult to accomplish balance. I've seen how we seem to be incapable of focusing on more than just a couple things at a time; therefore, we must learn to prioritize where to focus. Top priorities will most likely be different for all of us.
I noticed that while I never neglected to create a running training plan for the week/month/quarter, I didn't approach my spirituality with the same intensity. Feeding myself spiritually is a top priority of mine, but somehow I was treating it as an afterthought. Once I recognized this imbalance, I started approaching my "spiritual exercise" like my "physical exercise". On Sundays I write out my "spiritual training plan". I post it where I will see it and try to be just as dedicated to it as my running plan.
So look at your priorities and decide which ones aren't getting the dedication they deserve. Come up with a plan on how to actually live your priorities. Our actions are louder than our words.

“If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.”

Jim Rohn


Here are some highlights of my weekend:
Lot's of cuddling time. Slim has hit the "terrible twos" so he's either pitching a fit about something or snuggling me. No middle ground. :) Notice the silly photo bomber in the background. 
 
 
 We bought 10lbs of oranges from a local school fundraiser. They are delicious and we can't stop eating them.
 My creative 4 year old drew some family portraits for each of us during church. This one was of Kevin and me. I was already self conscience of my post baby balding. Out of the mouths of babes. He he he.
 This picture was for Slim and is of a devil. I don't know where he comes up with this stuff. I guess all of Slim's tantrums are affecting all of us.
 He drew this picture of me. That is a tiara on my head and the straight line was the dress I wore to church. He said I looked like a ballerina??

What is something that you want to prioritize in your life, but have had a hard time making happen?

What are some ways you prepare for a new week?

No comments:

Post a Comment