Thursday, November 27, 2014

The best post of the year

Remember how I was having an "off" running day at the Haunted Half Provo? Or that I cried as the last runners made their way across the finish? Well come to find out, I was bloated, tired and emotional because I was pregnant. Surprise! Baby Bird #3 is due July 17th. I had hoped for a pregnancy much sooner than when it happened, but one thing motherhood has taught me is that God has a plan for each of his children, and that plan is based on His timing, not mine.  I have moments of fear about having another baby, but mostly I just feel very grateful and excited. Pregnancy is a challenge, but I cherish the opportunity to help bring a child of God into this world.

I announced to Kevin by giving him a box of cinnamon rolls with a note on it that said, "If I'm going to get fat, so are you!" The best part was that he didn't even notice the note. He just opened it up and started eating one. I had to tell him to read the package. :)


I also made a surprise (It was a surprise to me too!) announcement at the Thankful 13 half. The race has you submit a list of "thankfuls" and they print some of them up and display them along the course. They chose mine that said, "The baby in my tummy....Surprise!" and displayed it around mile 11. It was so fun to see it. This picture was taken after the race, when we went back to get the sign.

8 comments:

  1. Congrats cute little lady!!! I felt honored to "know" your secret a little early.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susette! I'll never forget what a great day that was. Hopefully we can pace together again in the future. Better yet... maybe you'll let me tag along on a trail run. :)

      Delete
  2. Woo-hoo! So excited for you all. And great job on the run despite all the hormones and things working against you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so exciting, Jessica! I am so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa! Our little ones will only be 7 months apart!

      Delete
  4. What a great post - SO happy for you!

    ReplyDelete